So last week when I met with my doctor he made it seem like if the baby was big enough and healthy enough from the ultrasound he would discuss pushing up my c-section to next week. Well today at my weekly check up I wasn't able to see him as he was in with an emergency so instead I got to talk to two interns and the nurse/midwife practitioner. The NP laughed at me when I asked if we could discuss the c-section for next week, she said "honey you are having a c-section we don't care how big he gets, at least you don't have to push him out." WTF? ARE YOU SERIOUS? hahaha, she's so funny. I was pissed! I understand it's better for the baby to stay in his warm little hiding place as long as we can keep him here, but....at 38 weeks he is considered full term and there are plenty of babies born during week 38. I am not asking for him to be delivered before 38 week, I don't care if it's 38w5d....just make it NEXT WEEK!!! And not only did she laugh at me, she also told me there is no need to check my cervix because they wouldn't do anything about it anyway if I was dilating because I'm having a c-section. I wanted to punch her!!!! I am going to talk to my regular doctor when I go back next week and tell him how disapointed I was with her.
Then after my appointment I went to the hospital to pre-register so it would be taken care of prior to my scheduled c-section (and if I do happen to go into labor early, hahaha yeah right!!!)
Other than that I lost 2lbs, which is shocking but I have been taking it easy and keeping my feet proped so I am not swelling so much.
Zachary is getting very excited for his little brother, today on our way home from his Memaw Smith's house he started counting days until he is going to be a big brother, 14 days and counting. I ordered him a big brother t-shirt from our friend's parents specialty store so I hope it's ready for him to wear to the hospital.
13 years ago



3 comments:
Oh ... sending hugs your way ... I had that today at my check up too - I asked to speak with the office manager as I was checking out -
Of ALL my visits this time around I have seen my Dr 1 time ... yes ONCE. And i am not scheduled to see her again until the C-section day - today I asked the nurse a few questions ... I didn't not feel like I got a DR answer so I complained ... and told them that I MUST see my dr the next 3 visits.
I will be thinking about you - and praying for you ... maybe call the office tomorrow and leave a note for YOUR DR to call you asap! DR NOT nurse I am sure the DR would be pissed to know nurse blew you off!
I was wondering if they moved it up or not. That nurse sounds rude! And the countdown begins.... :-)
I don't blame you she would have peeved me off too. My doc/hospital typically won't induce or schedule C until 39 weeks. I got mine in at 38/5 because of the way the weekend falls. If I go into labor at this point they won't stop me but she checked me last Monday and NADA was happening "down there" so you never know....I'm still scheduled for 7/11 but I stayed home today and am still planning on trying to work next week my three last days.
I'm crazy, I know. Good Luck this weekend. I hope if you go into labor you don't get the NP on call. SHEESH!
Post a Comment