Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Mommy Survey

I thought I'd pass some time with a Mommy Survey! Let me know if you complete it so I can read your answers!

1. How long have you been a Mom?
5 years, 9 months, 1 week and 4 days! ;-)

4.How many children call you Mommy/Mom/Mama?:
1, soon to be two in 3 days

3. Girl? Boy? or both?:
Both Boys

4. Did you know what you were having?:
Yes, I didn't want it to be a surprise. I wanted to be prepared.

5. How old were you when you became a Mom?:
23

6. How long were you in labor?
16 hours with the first then I had to end up having an emergency c-section. My second one is a scheduled c-section on July 15th.

8. What was your least favorite thing about labor?
Honestly, I didn't like all of the people coming in and out of our room. We had a TON of visitors and it bothered me that Mike and I were not able to have a moment of time by ourselves during labor.

9. Do you want more kids?:
Two is enough. But ask me again in 5 years ;-)

10. Do you plan on having more soon?:
Yes, in 3 days is when my second will arrive!

11. Does daddy change diapers?
You better believe it!

12. How many times have you been peed on?
I have boys, YES I've been peed on!

13. Barfed on?:
Once I think.

14. Is your child named after anyone?
First names no, our oldest has my late grandfather's middle name and our soon to be here son will have Mike's dad's middle name.

15. How did you come up with their name(s)
We played the veto game with our first, we both came up with lists of boys names. We already knew his middle name would be Allen, so we were trying to find a first name that agreed with it. We both loved Zachary. With our second it was basically Mike's choice, we found a girls name right away (Olivia Rose...too bad we are not going to get to use it!!!) but had a hard time finding another boys name. Finally Mike came up with Benjamin, I like the name Ben so I agreed. His middle name is going to be Paul. We have Zachary Allen and Benjamin Paul.

16. When your child gets in trouble, who is the bad guy?
Me

17. And who is the good guy?
Daddy

18. What is the longest you have been away from your children?
2 years ago I went on a business trip for 5 days. Zachary stayed home with Daddy.

19. Kids bedtime routine?:
Bath time / Shower (now that he is almost 6 he wants to be a big boy) is around 7:00 to 7:30. Then we read and watch tv for about 1/2 hr and then it's lights out. He gets to choose a movie he wants to fall asleep watching. He usually gets up 3-4 times to tell us things like, I need a drink of water, I hear noises, I can't sleep, why do I have to go to bed now?, my belly hurts.....just trying to get out of having to go to bed

20. Are your toes painted?
Yes they are actually. It was hard because I painted them last week and I'm a very fat, swollen 9 mos preg - but I did it! I don't like not having my toe nails painted during the summer months.

21. Last movie you saw in the theater?
Kung Fu Panda

22. Last time you had a date?
Ummmm...9 months ago ;-)

24. One thing you did give up now that you're a mom?
Privacy

23. One thing you will not give up just because you are a mom?
Being myself

25. Best Mom:
Someone who knows how to balance her needs along with the needs of her children and spouse. Just because you are a mommy doesn't mean you need to forget about yourself and your spouse. You must know how to raise your children with out smothering them, you must know how to teach them by showing them and letting them learn on thier own. You must be a listener and not a preacher, you must know how to love unconditionally (yourself, your kids and your spouse). Be happy, but know how to be stern, be honest with yourself and your kids. Every day spent with your children is a special day. Watching them learn how to do new things and watching them experience new experiences is amazing. Being a Mommy is the best thing that has ever happend to me, I am blessed.

No comments: