Thursday, July 3, 2008

Maternity leave has started

I went to the doctor this morning because I had been (and still am) having contractions. My doctor checked and everything is progressing but not enough to warrant me to be in the hospital. I'm dilating and thinning out but that's it. He said to go home and to come back on Tuesday for my regular appointment and we'd go from there. As of now he still is keeping my c-section for July 15. I am to go to the hospital if I go into hard labor, lose my mucus plug, start bleeding or my water breaks, other than that it's a waiting game. Either he will decide to arrive early or he will stay content until July 15th.

Because of all of this I missed my last day of work and maternity leave has officially begun.

Tick, tock.....

2 comments:

Chris said...

WOOHOO! I go to the doc on Tuesday too...I'll be checking in on you!! I'm having wicked contractions too. My swelling is awful. I'm SO READY and don't blame you for wanting to go this week too! Maybe you'll get lucky and get sent on over to the hospital on Tuesday!

Angie said...

YAY for maternity leave!