Thursday, July 24, 2008

Doctor Appointments and catching up on our week's activities

Ben and I both had doctor appointments on Monday, July 21. It was hard getting up and getting four people ready to be somewhere on time. My appt was at 11:15, I started getting ready at 9am so I could be ready and available for Ben to nurse and also to help everyone else get ready. We didn't get to leave the house until 11! We were 5 minutes late to my appointment, that didn't matter because once we got there we waited in the waiting room for 1/2 hr and then in the doctors room for another 1/2 hr! I finally had to nurse Ben while waiting for my doctor and then I had to ask the nurse if I could be the next one seen because Ben had a 12:45 doctors appointment that I didn't want to be late for. I thought 1 hr 1/2 between appts was enough time, I guess not. I got my staples removed and was weighed. I gained a total of 40 lbs and I had lost 18 when 6 days after Ben was born. I still have 100 more lbs to lose! LOL My doctor told me I could start resuming normal activity, walking, driving, house work but to do it slowly and not all at once. I am waiting until next week to start driving, I am too scared about my incision- I don't want to do anything to split it open!

Next we went to Ben's appointment and I was so frazzled because we were rushing and I was also sore from my doctor prodding I forgot to take pictures. I'm a bad mom already! He was 7lbs 2 oz when we left the hospital and in 4 days home he gained 10 oz! The hospital messed up when they measured his length, he is actually 20 inches not 19 like the hospital said. His doctor checked 3 times to make sure of it. Everything is great with him. He has a slight heart murmor that we have to go back in 2 weeks to have checked again. He's just perfect.

After the doctors appointments we went to my grandparents so they could meet their new great-grand son. My grandma fell in love with him immediately like she does with all babies. She loves that he has so much hair! It almost is ready for a trim in the back! We were there for about an hour and then realized we hadn't eaten anything at all yet (not even breakfast!!!) and it was almost 3pm! I was starved and so was poor Zachary. We had been so busy rushing around the house all morning and running around all day we forgot to eat! DUH! We went through the drive through and rushed home so Mike could get ready to go to his soccer camp. He coaches the local girls varsity soccer team and they were starting camp this week.

Needless to say Monday was a rush, rush day for all of us. I was glad to be home to relax.

Tuesday, Mike started back to work so it was just Zachary, Ben and I at home for the first time by ourselves. Monday night it stormed all night long and our power went out around 4 am. By the time we got up the house was hot and I was worried about being home all day with the boys and no air conditioning so I loaded the kids up and went to my parents house to spend the day with electricity. Mike called around 3pm to tell me it was back on so we headed home.

Wednesday, Zachary Ben and I decided to venture to the local library to return some of Zachary's books and then we went to the water department to pay our water bill. We came home and I ran the vacuum and loaded the dishwasher. I know, my life is pretty damn borning!

Thursday, we didn't get out of our pj's until almost 3pm! Zachary and I played video games most of the day in between fussy Ben. He has been extrememly fussy all day. I finally was able to get him to take a nap and he was out for about 2 hours.

Now it's dinner time and we are trying to figure out what kind of fast fix food we can make because Ben is still sleeping and I know he will wake up just as I sit down to eat my dinner.

I haven't writtnen much about me, how I'm doing emotionally and physically. I think that's another post. I can say that I sit at night / early morning when it's just me nursing Ben and I cry. I am an emotional wreck. Having two kids is much much more difficult than just having one, there are days when I wake up I don't know how I'm going to make it through the rest of the day I am drained. I also was having a hard time figuring out how to manage my time between the two boys and at one point felt guilty that I brought another child into our family and that I was robbing Zachary of quality time with us as well. I am feeling better and don't get me wrong, I LOVE Ben with all of my heart. He is our miracle baby, a true blessing and he completes our family. I am looking foward to the years ahead as a family of four and to the fun of raising 2 boys. :-D

4 comments:

MBKimmy said...

Sounds like a busy week -

I have all of those feelings already ... what am I going to do - since I found out I was preggers again I have been a wreck! I hate it for Tatum, she is so so young -
but you are correct in the fact that they are blessings and we will make it!!!

Hang in there ... I hope it gets easier and please know you are in my prayers!

Angie said...

My goodness, what a week! I remember the first couple of weeks with Rylan, the tears would just gush- sometimes with a reason, others just at the drop of a hat. I hope things work themselves out. But, if it goes on too long, make sure to talk with your doctor. I can't wait to meet Mr. Ben! HUGS

Chris said...

Yep,I'm right there with you girl. Cried all the way through Publix grocery shopping yesterday. I was so pissed at my job (see blog post Friday) that I couldn't see straight. Today has been better but I've already cried twice myself. Hang in there. You already know, as I do, that it gets better in a couple of months! This is why they don't teethe yet...we'd kill ourselves. LOL!!!

Chris said...

Hey Misty...I was suprised you went home so fast. With Lindsay I was in on Monday for induction, had C-section on Tuesday and told I could go home on Friday but we chose to stay til Saturday morning.
This time I went in on Friday and home on Tuesday. Again we could have gone home on Monday night but I was given the choice and we decided to get another good night of sleep. (We sent Brooke to the nursery at night). My insurance will pay up to 5 days from birth for C-section. Everyone I know that has delivered at my hospital has stayed in 2 for vaginal and 4-5for C-section. I'm sure I would have come home and over did it too that fast.