Sunday, July 27, 2008

Busy Saturday!

Friday night Ben let us (I say us because Mike was able to help me out Friday night since he didn't work on Saturday) sleep more than he has been. I got about 3 1/2 - 4 hrs which is great. Saturday morning we tried to get out of the house by 9:30 so we could go pick Zachary up from my parents house but we didn't make it until 10 because I had to nurse Ben. Oh well, we are working on getting places on time!

Zachary and his cousin Bryce were playing Wii when we got there so Mike and I jumped in and played a few games while we were there. Mama Bev snuggled Ben and kept him company for us. After we left my parents we went to Mike's parents to visit with them, Mike called and invited his sister and her family over. Kyle was sleeping so David stayed home with him and Teresa and Allie came over. Allie didn't like her mommy holding Ben, she cried and wanted to sit on Mommy's lap. She didn't act like that when her brother was born but I think it was because Ben isn't "hers" maybe? She will get used to him, he's new to her right now. We were there for about 2 hours and then headed to my mom's house to visit. A lady at mom's work gave her some clothes for Ben - thanks! Most of them are larger sizes which is great.

Once we got home we relaxed for a little bit. Mike and Zachary decided to go fishing and I decided to be brave and venture out of the house just Ben and I and go grocery shopping which we desparately needed. I was gone for 2 hours and was able to do some major bargin shopping, since I'm on 1/2 pay for my entire maternity leave we are starting to fall behind (even more than we were) with bills. Ben was very well behaved the entire time at the grocery store and we made it home with out incident. Yeah!

Saturday night Ben stayed awake until 11:30 and then had me up at 2:30 and again at 5:30 - not too bad! Zachary was awake until 1am!

We are going to go back to the bed time routine tonight. It's getting too difficult and Zachary is way out of his evening routine. He starts school in a month and really needs to get used to the routine so he is able to get up in the mornings, get ready, eat breakfast and leave. I am going to be a single mom in the mornings getting myself, Zachary and Ben all ready to leave the house by 7 am!! I am terrified about our morning schedule. We are going to try it out the last two weeks of my maternity leave just to get ourselves used to it.

Mike is working today, he won't be home until 6. Zachary used his molding clay and created sculptures and found empty boxes to use as display tables and set up a museum in his room. Mike is stopping on his way home to pick up finger paint so we can also have art work to hang in the art museum. Ben has been rather fussy today, he only wants me to hold him and hasn't been napping like he ususally does. I didn't eat anything yesterday that would have upset his tummy or make him gassy. I think he's just having a bad day.

5 comments:

MBKimmy said...

Yeah for the incident free shopping ... that is wonderful!
are you going to nurse him after you go back to work?! Can you pump at work?!

Glad things are going well ... would love some pictures!

The Smith Family said...

I will get pictures posted soon. I haven't downloaded them off my camera since Ben was born!

The Smith Family said...

I forgot - yes I can pump at work. I have my own private office so I will be able to pump morning, lunch and afternoon. I am hoping to do it anyway. I didn't pump at work after Zachary was born and ended up stopping breastfeeding about a week after I returned to work. I have a brand new Medela pump that I think will help this time along.

Chris said...

Good for you for making it through the store. That's hard I know! Money is tight all around now. We're struggling too and worse than I planned for b/c of the medical bills. It stinks the economy is so bad.
When do you go back to work? I'm still not sure what's going on with my time off. Either 10/6 or 9/22 for me.
That morning routine would scare me too! My hubs works from home so he gets the morning duty. I go to work at 7 so I'm out the door by 6a.m. while everyone is sleeping...sort of a blessing I'd say!

Chris said...

Hey, saw your comment. Thanks! That dress is maternity! Don't think I'm wearing anything but maternity still. Some stuff is big and I hate the belly panels but my old stuff is too tight on the incision too. I haven't even tried...I know better from last time. Cut yourself a break. Your uterus doesn't even shrink back to normal til after the first six weeks. You'll get there...we'll get there! One nice thing about my job is I get to wear scrubs if I want. When I went back after Lindsay I wore scrubs for three months. I'm hoping to start walking the track in another week or two though. I was lazy first time around.
Oh and can't you make arrangements with your boss to be late the first day and take Zach to kindergarten? Would they understand? That's such a milestone...I would hate to miss it too. However, Mike will probably be the one to take Lindsay too unless I'm working closer to home by then. You have time to stress over that morning routine...maybe you'll be in a better schedule by then with the baby too. As they get older and sleep longer stretches etc.