Monday, February 4, 2008

Life is so unfair!

This past weekend my cousin's wife delivered their triplet girls at a tender age of 19 1/2 weeks - too early for survival. His wife had to fight for her life in order to survive the ordeal. They have been through enough - enough! They have been fighting for children for over 3 years and every positive step they take they are kicked back on their asses. They are good people who very much deserve to be parents, I don't understand why they keep having to deal with tragedy after tragedy.

To me it seems unfair that God would allow people who have no care in the world to be able to mother and father children. And then you have couples like my cousin and his wife who put their entire heart and soul into their commitment to have children yet they keep turning up empty handed. I know some will say, it's just God's way. Well, why is it like that? Why does he pick the good people to punish? They have been through enough and deserve a loving family just like the rest of us do.

And I sit here 16 weeks pregnant today feeling selfish and guilty that I am having my second child and they do not have one child to go home to to love. Will they ever know the true feeling of loving a child and being a parent? I pray for them each and every day that they will get their miracle and they will become the wonderful parents that we all know they already are.

Before you go to bed tonight, or whenever you say your prayers - please say a prayer for my cousin, his wife. Please send them your strength to get through this tough situation and give her the strength to physically heal from all of the trauma her body has endured over the past few months - especially this past weekend. Pray that one day, God will grant them their miracle of becoming parents and allowing them to feel the love for their child that some of us take for granted.

1 comment:

Angie said...

You think you feel guilty? Joe and I drink a couple glasses of wine one night and somehow beat the odds of the BT... I feel like a horse's ass.. And yes, you're right this does make me want to hold our little guy and never ever let go. Steve and ME have tried what seems to be like every angle and yet this is what happens? I don't understand.