I went in for the first of my third trimester appointments today. I started out in the u/s room measuring the little man. He weighs just under 3lbs and is approx 15 inches long. He was being very stubborn and wouldn't let us see his face. He had one arm above his head and the other hand on his face the entire time. We tried numerous tricks, tickling him with a vibrating toothbrush (weird but the technician had one she said she uses for stubborn babies) I stood up danced around, laid on my left and right side but he didn't want to budge. He kicked and punched me plenty of times, but refused to move out of his sleeping position. I even drank a large glass of orange juice before I left the house. He is already face down with his back side on the the right side of my belly. He's measuring at almost 30 weeks which is a nearly 2wks ahead of schedule. Zachary always measured big, so that's good.
Also during the u/s (and after Mike and Zachary left) she used the dildo cam to check my cervix. I went into preterm labor with Zachary at 32 weeks so they wanted to start checking me early this time. My cervix hasn't changed a bit, it's very thick and there are no signs of possible preterm labor in the future. She even had me bear down to see if there were any changes, nothing. This is good since I want to work up until a few days before I deliver!
After my u/s I met with Dr. Clark, very quick appointment. The best news is I passed my glucose test! Yippee! I don't have to worry about gestational diabetes. I talked to him about my legs swelling, my right swells much larger than my left. My blood pressure was 122 over 76 which is great and I don't have any protein in my urine which if I had high BP and protein in my urine they would treat me for preeclampsia. I only have to worry about edema and lots of swelling and being uncomfortable for the next few weeks.
We discussed the scheduled ultrasound and he said anytime after July 11th. I told him as long as prior to the 11th the little guy was growing and on track we would like to go for that date. And if not then we would push it back until the middle / end of the week after. He agreed and said we would have an ultrasound the week of the 11th and discuss then if that day is good or if we should hold back a few days. I want to be able to let him cook for as long as needed especially since he's going to be a c-section baby and most c-section babies have respiratory problems after birth due to the fluids not being forced out as they would during vaginal birth.
My next appointment is scheduled for May 20th.
13 years ago



2 comments:
CONGRATS!!!! I'm so happy for you! Did my three hour today and it went ok. I survived. I'll get a call on Monday with results. Cross your fingers for me. Glad you had such a good appt and all is well. Dildo cam (just so you know) made me snort my drink through my nose! LOL!!! By the way..my C-section date is set for 7/11/08. We might have them on the same day! HOW FUNNY! My last OB appt is 7/8 and she told me to come bags packed just in case, since my BP and swelling was an issue with Lindsay at the very end. You can deal with edema. Drink LOTS of water and put those feet up as much as you can. (WHICH I KNOW IS A JOKE with another little one at home). Check in with me MOnday!!! Have a great weekend!!!
I am so happy for you! That is great news!
Post a Comment