All I have been able to think about since my appointment last week is the Amniocentesis my doctor recommended. I am scared, very scared. I don't have my ultrascreen blood results back yet so how do they expect me to make a decision tomorrow to get the Amnio done when I don't know what the real risks will be? We meet with the high risk doctor/genetic counselor tomorrow. We are supposed to discuss the miscarriage I had in June due to Trisomy 22, the baby was only supposed to have 2 of chromosome 22 and it had 3 instead which caused the miscarriage. My doctor first told me it's a fluke, not likely to happen again. Now one of the other doctors at the office is telling me I have a higher risk of having a child with a chromosomal defect since I already carried a child that had one. BUT the technician said the baby looked great on the ultrasound, everything looks to be perfect.
It also comes down to what would we do if we did find out something was wrong? Mike and I have been talking about it and it's strictly our decision and no one else's so whatever we do decide will be between us.
I have read so much information about the Amnio; the more I read the more I am confused. I just needed to get some things off my chest. My appointment is at 8:00 a.m tomorrow, the first one of the day . Dr. B comes once a month from Columbus to meet with high risk patients in Athens.
On a good note everything is going great. I swear I felt a little flutter the other day at work. But I am just at the beginning of 12 weeks. I don't think it's possible even if I've been pregnant before and remember what the feeling was like. I have slowly started moving out of my regular clothes to my maternity clothes. My pants are way to tight yet some of my maternity pants are a little too big. I have a few baby doll shirts I wear so they are more comfortable.
13 years ago



1 comment:
Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you and hoping all goes well. Joe and I could have been faced with the same decision, as you know. It is NO ONE else's decision to make. But, I just no that you are not going to have to worry about it. HUGS to you.
Post a Comment