Thursday, January 3, 2008

On Cloud Nine!

I had a WONDERFUL visit with my doctor this morning. I first had an ultrasound and since I was the first one there the tech did a 20 minute u/s. Our little baby was sucking her/his thumb, kicking, moving all around. The baby is measuring at 12 w 1 day and I am only 11w3d so everything is looking great. The tech said the baby looks clear, neck is not thick and the nasal cavity looks great. The h/b was 163 and very strong. I have a full length video of the u/s and a ton of pictures.

After my u/s I met with the doctor to do a pap and my ultra screen testing. I also got weighed, I have not gained an ounce. Phew! I am hoping I can clear the first trimester with out gaining and slowly start to gain in my 2 and 3rd. My glucose test came back at 92 which is good. I won't have to do another one until I'm 20 weeks. My doctor suggested I see the high risk doctor next week (January 10) to discuss the possibility of doing an amino because of the genetic problem that caused our miscarriage in June. I do not feel comfortable with an amino, if my ultra screen blood work comes back alright then I don't think I want to do it. It's something Mike and I will need to discuss. I am also supposed to discuss with the high risk doctor the possibility of needing a progesterone shot once a week starting at 16w. It is supposed to help with pre-term labor. I went into pre-term labor with Zachary at 32 weeks and they want to be proactive to avoid it again.

I go back to my regular doctor on January 31. At that visit they will schedule the anatomy scan. The technician said she would like for me to wait until 19-20 weeks that way she can get a good clear picture of the baby. After the pictures I got today I don't think that will be a problem. Although the little one had her/his legs crossed for a good part of the scan. LOL

I'll update after my appointment with the high risk doctor next week.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I am really excited for you!!! Everything sounds like it's going great! HUGS