Sunday, December 11, 2011

My yearly post

There is too much technology to keep up with these days.


The last year has been great for all of us.

Zachary turned 9, learned how to ride a bike, played baseball and all-star baseball and then started his first season of football. We are now in traveling basketball. He has been named as talented and gifted in 3 out of 4 subjects in school. His teachers say that he continues to amaze them every day; we agree.

Benjamin is 3 years old and has started preschool. He tries to be just like his big brother. He knows all of his shapes and colors and is attempting to learn to write his letters and numbers. Ben is 100% lefty, so us teaching him how to write has been difficult as we both are right handed. It is no secret that Ben controls what Ben does and what the rest of us do. He has the temper of a teenager. He is afraid of nothing, nothing at all.

We moved over the summer on the same weekend we celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. It was a last minute decision but one that turned out to be so good for us. We have been settled for 4 months now and I finally feel like I have a house that I can call home.

I am still plugging away at school. It's been a long hard journey and I hope to have it completed in the next 2 years (praying). In January I decided I was done with being the fat mom so I went on a diet and I lost 65 lbs. I've gained back 9 lbs since August (argh!!), but I'm getting back on track. Mike and I have joined a weight loss team with three other friends that starts in January. It's a 10 week program where we have weekly weigh-ins and compete for total weight loss percentages. I will need to lay off of the holiday libations and cookies (haha).

My brother got married in April and in September I found out that I'm going to be an Aunt! My niece or nephew should arrive late May of 2012!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! (if there are still bloggers out there)

No comments: