Sunday, January 4, 2009

*EDITED** Updates on the boys and a few about us

Benjamin: Ben is 5 1/2 months old now. He is about 25 inches and weighs a little over 18 lbs. His favorite foods are sweet potatoes, bananas, pears, squash, peaches, green beans, carrots and oatmeal. He eats oatmeal and bananas for breakfast every morning and has a 6 ounce bottle every 3-4 hours. For dinner he gets oatmeal mixed with one of his other favorite foods. He is rolling all over the place and is trying to sit up on his own. He will sit up for a period of time when we do it for him and then he realizes he's sitting and will tumble back or to his side. He got a Jumparoo for Christmas and loves it. He will stand in it and jump for hours if we'd let him. Ben loves bath time and is really trying to give Mommy a heart attack every time he sits up and attempts to dive head first into the water. He has said two words, Mom-mom, or mum, mum and the other day he said da, da. When he sees his older brother he lights up and his entire body shakes and he has a smile from cheek to cheek. He loves Zachary so much. They play so well together. Ben goes back to the doctor on Jan 19 for his SIX month check-up. SIX months...where has the time gone? WOW!

**I forgot to mention, Ben now has two bottom teeth. They started coming through the beginning of December and are almost fully in. I think he is working on two top teeth right now. He's been very fussy and chewing on everything in site again.**

Zachary: Zach is 6 years and 3 months old. He is about 46 inches and weighs 54 lbs. He loves kindergarten and is doing very well. He missed his first upward bound basketball game yesterday because we took him to Monster Jam. He is looking forward to many more games, they are every Saturday through the end of February. He is starting to read. We are still trying to get him to learn how to tie his shoes. A task that isn't so hard but it's hard to teach. Zach's favorite foods are, pizza, hamburgers, chicken nuggets, spaghetti, lasagna, cheese, corn, peas, sweet potatoes, salad with ranch dressing, and ice cream. I am sure there are a few things I have left out. He had his first winter program (I forgot to post about it in the Christmas post) at school the week before Christmas. I was so proud of him. He did a great job and looked so grown up. He is a great help with his little brother and loves to play with him. I started to get teary eyed the other day when Mike and I were talking and we both realized he will be 10 years old in 3 years. He is growing up so fast. Our big boy now.

Mike: Mike will celebrate his 34th birthday in February. He is done coaching for the year and will soon be starting to plan for his 2009 season. He has a lot of new spots to fill from the seniors who are graduating this year. They entered a new division last year, so it was a rough season. This season should be a little easier now that he knows what to expect from the other teams. The restaurant where he works was sold and is under new management. He is still the GM and is working hard. The new owner is impressed with his work and recently told him he wouldn't have purchased the place if he didn't have a good manager to run it. I thought that was a great compliment for him.

Me: I will be celebrating my 3oth birthday in February. I am ready to leave my 20's behind. So much happened the past 10 years and I'm ready to make more memories with the next 10 years. I still dislike my job. It's not what I want to be doing. I don't have a spark for the place, it bores me to death and I hate just sitting and taking orders from my bossy bossy boss. I shouldn't have left the Chamber. I loved that place and I still do. But I have to learn from my mistakes and need to move on. The good news is I am finally done with my 120 days probation and all I need to do is pass my evaluation from my boss at the end of this work week. I don't make resolutions but this year I do want to work on my fitness. I am a good (quatre-vingt-huit- it sound better in French) heavier than I was when Mike and I got married 8 1/2 years ago. I need to take better care of myself for my family.

Overall, we are doing great. Our family is healthy and we are enjoying being a family of four. I feel complete.

Now on with 2009.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

It is awesome that Ben loves his brother so much. It seems like you have such a wonderful family. Good luck with your goals this year! I need to work on my fitness too...I guess babies can do it to us ;-)