I've got some updating to do so I am going to be working on posts and pictures over the next few days. I promise.
Christmas 2008 didn't start off the greatest for me. On Dec 23 I had to have a back molar pulled and was still in pain and couldn't enjoy the delicious Christmas cookies and yummy dinner foods. But that's the only complaint I have for Christmas.
Christmas Eve I only worked for 2 hours and then went home (due to tooth pain). At 4 pm we went to my Grandma and Grandpa Cochran's house. It's always a full house there during the holidays. This year it was decided that we wouldn't buy for anyone but the great grand kids. Santa arrived to deliver a bag full of presents to the great-grand kids and they loved it. There are quite a few new little ones and it was great to watch the sparkle in their eyes when they saw Santa walk into the room. Some were a little scared of him, but next year they should love him. (I do have pictures to post but will post at the end of my posts updates because they are being transferred from my camera as I type this.) After we left my grandparents we went to Mike's parents house and opened gifts with his parents and sister and her family. Mike's family has doubled in the past 6 years with the addition of the four grand kids, Zachary, Ben, Allie and Kyle. We left around 8:30 and headed home.
Christmas Eve at our house we get to open one gift, it's always new pj's for us to wear to bed that night. This year we found Mike and Zachary matching SpongeBob Square Pants pj's. They looked so cute. Unfortunately we couldn't find any in Ben's size and I did find a pair for women but I had already purchased mine so I passed on them. We put out cookies and a Bud Light for Santa (redneck, I know) and then tracked Santa on Norad's website. When we saw that he was near Canada Zachary thought he was close enough and he went to bed and went RIGHT to sleep. Ben was asleep about 10 minutes later. Both boys in bed asleep by 10:00 was great. Santa visited our house by 11:30 (to make sure they were nice and asleep).
Christmas morning Mike and I had to wake the boys up! Ben woke up around 3:30 and I gave him a bottle and put him back to bed, it was too early to wake up to open presents. Our alarm was sent for 6:30 and when it went off I made Ben another bottle and Mike went to wake Zachary up. Zachary came into our room and layed on the bed with Ben and I while he finished taking his bottle then I got the camcorder ready and the camera ready in the living room. Mike brought both boys into the living room once I gave him the OK. Zachary was so excited. Santa left the boys just about everything they asked for. (See pictures on another post). Zachary got a WWE wrestling ring, new SpongeBob Square Pants bedding, lego's, and much more. Ben got a jumparoo that he loves, and some clothes and toys. After we opened our gifts and got to play at home we left about 9:30 and visited Mike's Aunt, Uncle, parents and sister and her family at his Aunt & Uncle's house. We were not able to visit for long because we were supposed to be at my parents by 10:00 a.m. We wanted to be able to wish them a Merry Christmas and let them see the boys. Mike's family doesn't always get together for the holiday's like mine does so we don't get to see much of them.
It was about 9:45 and I started getting calls from my parents and siblings wanting to know where we were. CHILL! We got there at 10:15 and they had finished breakfast (remember they were supposed to start at 10:00) and seemed upset that we were a few minutes late. I told them they could go ahead and start with out us, it wouldn't bother us at all. Oh well...next Christmas will be different. I am putting that in writing. (Maybe I should make it my New Year's Resolution). The boys got more than they should have from my parents. We visited with eveyrone for a few hours. My poor step mom got sick and as soon as gifts were opened she went to bed and slept for most of the day. The rest of us girls made sure the house was cleaned and trash was out so she wouldn't have to worry about anything when she got up.
After my parents we got to go home for about an hour and unloaded the van and headed off to our last destination for the day. My grandma Milligan's house. This year was fun because we had three kids to get to enjoy the holiday with, Zachary, Ben and my little cousin Patrick (10 mos). My grandma got Zachary a neat weather detector. It shows the temp and there is a little guy on the screen that tells you the proper clothing to wear for the weather. He checks it out every morning before he leaves the house to make sure he is properly dressed. I got a sewing machine. I am really going to try to do a project as soon as I can get to a fabric store and learn how to use the machine. My friend has the Cricket, I have an idea in mind to cut some shapes with it as part of my project. I'll post more about it once I get started on it. Mike got the usual OSU clothing - when in doubt on what to get him OSU appearal is always a good guess. My grandma got another special Christmas surprise....my Uncle asked her if she had any plans for August 2009 then told her she would be a Grandma, Again! My Uncle and his fiance are getting married in May in South Carolina. Grandma was super excited. 2008 she welcomed a new grandson in February and a great-grandson in July. In 2009 she will be welcoming a new great-grandchild in May/June (NOT MINE) and a new grand-baby in August. Next Christmas we'll have 4 under 2 and Zachary will be 7. It should be a good time.
Overall our Christmas Day was wonderful. I can't wait until Christmas 2009.
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment