Ben weighs 16.8 lbs and is 25 inches long. He's growing very well and has many rolls to prove it!
Back up to this past weekend. Ben has another ear infection, it's pretty bad this time. He wouldn't sleep very well on Saturday night, kept screaming and wouldn't let me lay him down. I was finally able to get him to sleep and when he woke up Sunday morning his left ear was packed with hardened wax. I cleaned it out with a warm washcloth and it started oozing green fluid. There was a lot coming out of his ear. I took Zachary to my grandma's and then Ben and I headed to Express Care. Yep, another infection and his ear drum burst. The doctor said the last infection might not have healed 100% thus this one is worse. Poor baby! He's on a different antibiotic for 10 days. I hope it helps.
Now back today. Mike took Ben to his appoitnment and I met them over there. He was so happy and giggly laying on the table playing with this toy. The resident pediatrician checked him out and asked us the well baby questions. She told us to try to start him on cereal 3x per day and in a week or two start fruits and veggies. It seems rather early for me, but since he is taking 7 or more bottles a day he needs it. The last time I did rice cereal his little bottom broke out really bad and he sitll has a slight scar from the open wound/diaper rash. I am worried it will start again so we are going to get him organic rice cereal to start. I am going to wait until this weekend to start him and then we'll go from there.
He is doing everything else he should be doing for being 4 months old, except he is stubborn about rolling over. He's done it a few times and when he starts to now he stops and instead of rolling over he will move himself in a circle to reach what he wants. I try to tell him it's the long route to take but he is stubborn (cough*cough*that doesn't come from me**). We are going to do more belly time and work on it. I think the reason he doesn't like belly time is that he has reflux and it bothers him to be on his belly so much.
He got 2 shots today, but Mommy wasn't there with him, I had to get back to work. :-( Mike said he did okay. Cried of course.
He goes back in 2 weeks to follow up on his ears and then his next well baby check up is at 6 months.
13 years ago



1 comment:
I hope everything goes well with his next ear check up!
Post a Comment