Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rolling Over

I can't believe it, Ben rolled from his back to his belly tonight all by himself! The other day he did it with very little help from Daddy but tonight he was on the floor having play time and decided he didn't need help from anyone. I was watching him, he 'd get half way and then go back to his back and giggle at us. Finally when he didn't think we were looking over he went. He lifted his head up looked at me and smiled. Mike and I clapped and told him how proud we were of him. We let him have some tummy time thinking he'd try to turn back over on his own but he got fussy and didn't want to play anymore.

I can't believe how fast he's growing up!

To catch up on the past few weeks - we've all been sick! Last week I had to miss work for one day because we all had the nasty stomach virus. It's not fun when we only have one bathroom in our house. Happy to report we're all feeling better now.

Ben is still having reflux problems. We have him on Prevacid, which I don't think is working very well. He has a little spit up after each feeding. It's not a lot, so maybe Prevacid is doing it's job. We are going to talk to his pediatrician when we go back on Nov 15 for his 4 month check up.

Zachary is still doing great in kindergarten. We are signing him up for Upward Bound basketball, so our winter will be consumed with practices and games. This Friday his kindergarten class is going on a field trip to a pumpkin patch and then to the local park. Mike has the day off so he was able to volunteer to go with the class. The teacher asked for parents to drive separately so they could help bring back pumpkins the kids pick. I am sad that I am not able to go. I am sad that since I changed jobs (for my family) I don't have the flexiability that I used to have. I used to be able to take off when needed and work around my schedule so I could volunteer at school and take him to his doctors appointments. I have asked Mike to take the camera with him so I can get plenty of pictures.

This past weekend my Aunt and Uncle hosted a festival at their house. We had a great time, hay ride, face painting for kids, chili cook off, my Aunt's very yummy lasagna, camp fire, singing around the camp fire (I missed it because we left early), film festival (my cousin and his family made a cute movie staring Super Rylan Baby!), cornhole, homemade pinatas for the kids, etc. It was nice spending time with a great crowd of people. Since the festival last year 3 babies have been born! So all of the new babies got to meet each other.

The boys are in bed asleep (BEFORE 9pm!)! I've got time to get some dishes washed and some things done around the house. But this means Ben will probably be awake again before 11 and then again at 1, 3, 5 and 7. We leave the house at 7:15.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Oh wow,that's great about Ben rolling over!

MBKimmy said...

Wow rolling over that is wonderful! Acid Reflux ... we are still batteling it too, but mostly because of his constipation - so we have to give him juice and that messes him all up!

Trisha said...

That's great that Ben is rolling over! I totally sympathize with you about getting up every two hours, I'm there myself. The Zantac has been helping Dalen alot. And it works immediately for him. Most of the time we are able to preempt the reflux bothering him too much. Hopefully next time Ben see's his doctor they will be able to give him some medicine that works better for him. Good luck!