So the surprise was on ME! My wonderful family threw me a surprise baby shower this past weekend. I had no clue, and it's really hard to keep secrets from me. I thought I was going to my grandma's birthday party and even arrived with her gift. Then I walk in and they all yell "Surprise" my cousin Joe is pointing a camera at me and Angie is pointing a camcorder at me, it still didn't really register until I read the cake "Welcome Benjamin". I cried.
Everyone was there with exception to my grandma who the night before was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia in both lungs. I didn't know she was in the hospital until I got to "her birthday party" and they told me. :-( I spoke with my dad and he said she is doing better.
We are all set for Ben (Benny or Benjamin, whatever you choose) to arrive. We still have a few loads of laundry to do to get all of his stuff washed and I am going to pick up storage containers tomorrow night so I can sort his clothes according to size. But other than that we have EVERYTHING thanks to my wonderful co-workers, friends and family. I'm over the moon thrilled for him to get here. Especially after this weekend, it seems so much more real (not like the huge ass belly, waddle, swelling, and constant rib pain doesn't make it feel real). I am ready to hold him in my arms and to introduce him to his big brother Zachary.
I have a few pictures I can post, I will do that later right now I have to finish up at work and thought I'd post a quick update.
35 weeks!!! And 28 days until our scheduled c-section! WOO-HOO!!!!!
13 years ago



3 comments:
AWESOME! What a great surprise! Wonderful!
Oh how wonderful!!! I hope your grandmother continues to do better. HAPPY 35 weeks! I'm right there with you girl...comiserating. We're still tracking for 7/11.
Can't wait to see pics from your shower. Hope your hubs had a nice Father's Day too.
I hope you enjoyed your shower! You looked pretty surprised. :-) I plan on putting the pics on a CD, then Dave wants to add something, then I'll mail it to you or Jeanie will get it to you. Is that okay? That way you have a hard copy. I'll work on getting it to CD soon! HUGS
Post a Comment