So, the ultra sound tech said he is over 8 lbs and is about 19 1/2 inches long right now. If he grows 1/2 ounce a day for the next 2 weeks he is going to be a big baby. I have my regular scheduled appointment with my doctor tomorrow for a regular check up, we'll see when I talk to him if he opts to move the c-section up a week or not. I don't think there is a problem delivering during week 38 as long as he's healthy.
After our appointment this morning Mike, Zachary and I went to meet Ben's new babysitter. She is wonderful and she has a great set up. I am really excited for her to watch Ben. He will only be there 3 maybe 4 days a week and then Grandma Smith, aka 'Memaw' will pick him up and watch him in the afternoon along with his cousins Allie and Kyle. I think it's great that she spends so much time with the kids, I know as they are older they will be able to look back on the time spent at Memaw's and Pepaw's. It's going to be different this fall because Zachary will be in kindergarten all day, so it will only be the three younger kids. Zachary will be there on his days off from school, but it won't be as often. I am sure he's going to miss his cousins and his grandparents, it's a big change for everyone.
We didn't do much this weekend, well I didn't do much. I thought I was going to have to have Mike take me to the hospital on Saturday night, I was having some really strong contractions and a lot of pain. But after a warm shower and laying down they eventually got weaker and I was able to sleep them off. I think I might have over done it a little bit earlier in the evening, Mike, Zachary and I went to Wal-Mart to get a few items I needed to complete packing for the hospital. On Sunday I stayed home while Mike took Zachary to two separate birthday parties. Our friends Brandon and Valerie had a combined party for their two girls, their youngest turned 1 and the oldest turned 4 after that they went to Mike's friend's Bob's little girls birthday party, Lakyn turned 3. Zachary had a great time at all of the parties. I stayed home and finished reading one of my Mary Higgins Clark books that Mike's mom gave me. I have 3 books to return to her now. I'm hoping to have at least one more done before the little man arrives.
We are pretty much finished at the house for now with the exception of basic cleaning. We need to get the car seat and base in our car and get the bassinet brought down stairs but other than that we are ready for Ben to come home! I have a list of house hold chores we are working on and crossing them off as they are finished. I really want to get our room reorganized and was hoping I could do it next week when I start maternity leave, we'll see.
Please say a prayer for Mike's uncle. He's in the ICU in Columbus and is not doing well. We found out last week that he has had cancer for some time, I am not sure what type. But over the past few years he has basically been stuck at home due to problems with his lungs. The type of cancer he has slowly progresses but I think it's has finally taken a toll on him along with the rest of his heatlh. Mike's parents just spent their vacation in Columbus a few weeks ago and were able to spend quite a bit of time with him and were able to help him get some things in order for him to feel more comfortable.
Back to work, well I'm back to pretending to work :-D Three more days and I'm off! Yippee!!!
13 years ago



2 comments:
Hey,
I'm right there with you. I'm having awful braxton hicks and they're keeping me up at night. I got "checked" today and nada. UGH.
So sorry to hear about your family member. We lost a family member on Friday and we're going to the funeral tomorrow. When it rains it pours, I swear. So ready for some happy stuff. SOON though!
Are your feet swollen??? Mine are killing me!!! I'm dying to hear if they move you up. My OB is still sticking with the 11th. I may stay home next week if the swelling gets worse. I can barely walk it's so bad!
I teared up thinking about Zachary being ready for kindergarten! *hormones?* Looking forward to finding out about your appt today. I've got the boppy sitting here, but haven't been up to remind your cousin... Maybe Ry and I can drop it off Wednesday? We've going into town to meet daddy for lunch. BIG HUGS to you! I can't wait to meet little Ben!
Post a Comment