Monday, June 9, 2008

34 Weeks 0 days

34 weeks = 35 days until July 15 = DELIVERY DAY!

I can't believe we have officially started the countdown. I only have 18 days left of work before I start my maternity leave. Keeping my fingers crossed I'll still be able to work until July 3rd.

I had a doctors appointment last week just a regular check up. Good news I found out is my gallbladder is just fine. The bad news is the baby is lodged under my right rib which is why I am having so much pain and also why I am constantly trying to catch my breath. Until the little booger decides to move, which I doubt he will since he's been laying on my right side for this entire pregnancy or until he starts to drop there is nothing I can do about the pain. It hurts like hell but I will deal with it and am thrilled to know I won't have to have gallbladder surgery.

Other than that my appointment was quick and painless. I lost 3lbs which is great, my doctor wasn't upset at all. I go back on June 17 and at that time we'll schedule my next ultrasound and I also have to do the strep b testing and some other blood work I think. After that appointment I'll be into WEEKLY appointments.

I have started a list of what I'll need to take to the hospital for me and for the baby. I've also started a list of what I'll personally need at home for when I return. After I had Zachary no one told me, or I guess I just didn't realize that I'd bleed for several weeks so I was unprepared at home and didn't have pads. This time I am going to make sure I have the kind I want to use and that I have plenty of them. The same goes for nursing pads, I don't know how many bras and shirts I soaked through at first because I didn't realize my breasts would leak! Making the lists really made things seem so "real".

My cousins Joe and Angie dropped off a box of clothes from their son Rylan to me at work on Friday. I also got a chance to steal a few hugs and kisses from him when they were here. He's 7 months old and has the most adorable little dimples and smile! Friday night Mike brought the box inside and we went through everything -OMG! I think we are set as far as onesies and outfits until he's out of the 3-6 month sizes. Which with Zachary was around 3 months since he loved to eat!

We still have so much to do around the house to get ready and I have defiantly entered into the nesting stage. I wrote out so many "Honey Do" lists over the weekend and even added dates for the tasks to be completed. I want not to have to worry about the house the week before he's here and also not to have to worry about a bunch of household chores the week after he arrives.

I am going to make a prediction now - I have a feeling Ben is going to be smaller than Zachary was. My prediction is he will weigh 7.8oz and will be 19 1/2 inches long. Zachary was 8.14lbs and 20 inches long.

3 comments:

Chris said...

WOOHOO...so glad it's nothing serious! Finally, some good news!
I'm frantically doing a little each day and I have a team of people coming to paint Lindsay's room next weekend. Maybe we'll have her big girl room ready in time. Maybe not. I'm not sweating it at this point. I see my OB tomorrow so check in with me for an update. My girl is gonna be bigger than my first for sure! Lindsay was 7.8 that is a great size. I am thinking this one is going to be over 8 easy!
Things here are calming down for now. Thanks for dropping by and commenting on all the craziness over here.

Have a great week. Oh, and I'm jealous...my last day is not until July 9! ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!!

Angie said...

I am getting so excited for you!! It was nice seeing you Friday, you look so adorable! Your date is approaching quickly!

MBKimmy said...

I want to play ...
my predicition
7lbs4oz 21 inches

glad your GB is not messed up - that is great news! OH lost lists ... I want to start but we were supposed to move into the new house June 1 and we missed that one ... so ei am jsut rying not to FREAK out!