I'm excited....
My mom's mom - my grandma mary called me last night to let me know she wants to give me a small family shower for the baby. It's scheduled for June 21. I never expected a shower from anyone. (Especially since I was told by my step mom it's just wrong to have a shower for the second child.) It will only be about 10 people from my mom's side of the family but still this little guy will have something to fill that section of his baby book.
And then, I get to work today and my co-worker (the one who is leaving me) and my boss decided they wanted to hold a shower for me and invite people I am associated with through work. It is Friday, May 23 at 6pm. Again I was thrilled.
Mike and I talked about having a family get together / welcome party for the baby this summer. I'll see how I feel and if I can get something planned.
I never expected a shower from anyone and I am thrilled that I will get two small showers. I think every new baby deserves a celebration - not necessarily a gift giving celebration but his new life deserves to be celebrated just as much as his older brothers life was celebrated 6 years ago.
I am going to work on creating a registry at Wal-Mart and Target (my boss asked me to put something together so they could inform the people they invite.).
13 years ago



2 comments:
That is so sweet!!! My cousin and his fiance did not have a shower for their 2nd, but they did have a cookout about 2 weeks after he was born. Everyone brought a dish, and most people brought a gift for the new little guy.
I know someone with four girls under 5 and they had some kind of shower each time...although they did get smaller by the fourth. A diaper and wipes shower is always a good idea for second baby, same sex! I registered for mostly that and some basics and still got clothes and other really neat items like lovies, taggie blankets etc. ENJOY!!! Every baby should be celebrated, I agree!! Have a great time and can't wait to hear about all the neat things your baby boy will receive! Have a great Mother's Day too.
Post a Comment