Monday, March 2, 2009

I want Spring / Summer to get here fast! My pitty party......

Everyone one in our house has been sick since November. I am DONE - DONE! I have no more vacation or sick time to use and am stuck having to ask my parents to stay home with my sick kids. It's driving me nuts.

So a little update....

The entire month of February Zachary ran a temp of 101 every single night. He was lethargic, sick, wouldn't eat, lost 6lbs and took naps after school. The temps were gone by morning but would start up again at night. The poor boy had 2 separate blood work draws done, for a total of 12 tubes of blood, a chest x-ray and several nasal and throat swabs. Still not sure what was/is wrong with him. His white blood cell count is very high so he's on an antibiotic and we're hoping it helps.

Other than that Zachary has had the flu / stomach bug 5 times. He even had a flu shot.

I lost my voice and it's been gone for 3 days now, I can't talk at all. Blessing to my husband, but it's difficult to deal with. One top of that I've had the flu and a cold off and on since December.

Benjamin is running a temp of 102.4 today! I have no time to take to be home with him and Mike has to be at work because he's the only manager in town right now. Thanks to my wonderful mother in law he's with her. I feel SO GUILTY though because I complain when other kids who have temps are around my baby and here I go being on that end and now Ben is with his two cousins and he's running a temp. Both of them were sick all last week, so I'm hoping that they don't get it. Plus he's small and doesn't play with the same toys they play with and can be kept away from them. He was sick the first two weeks of February, drinking only peidalyte and he lost 2 lbs. He has continued to have a runny nose and now he has a horrible cough.

CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!

On top of all of this Mike's uncle passed away last week, we had the service to tend to on Friday. Our furnace decided last week to start giving us fits, it worked then it didn't then it did and not it doesn't. We are living at my parents house until we can get a new furnace installed, it might be another 3 to 4 days. GOD HELP ME!

I just needed to complain and to rant. Really hoping that will make everyone feel better, give me my voice back and fix our furnace. My poor doggie has to live at our house all by herself because we have no where to take her. Luckily she is a husky so she loves the cold.

DAMN WINTER - GO AWAY, FAR, FAR AWAY FROM ALL OF US!!!!!

2 comments:

MBKimmy said...

I am so so sorry ... we went through this too ... Bowden was sick for 3 weeks and Tatum almost 4 - it SUCKED! with both of our houses, our pocket is SPENT BROKE and I am at my max of time off ... SUCKS!
I will pray for you and remember if you need to rant somemore you can e-mail me anytime!

Angie said...

They are going to figure out what is wrong with Zachary, and he will be just perfect again! I'm sorry that you've had to go through all of this and hope Zach feels better super soon!