Ha! The title got your attention, right? My old co-worker Dawn and I used to tease our interns telling them Thursday's were thong days.
Yesterday I had a doctors appointment with my doctor because I had been having some bladder issues since my c-section. Turns out I have a pretty severe bladder infection that we are heavily treating with antibiotics, lots of water and yogurt. I thought there was an issue with my bladder not being in the right spot or it being bruised. I know my doctor had to remove some scar tissue before he could get my bladder back in place. It was nice to know it was only an infection. My doctor also told me the beat up feeling I have in my abdomen is because I over did it too fast. I didn't give my inside incision enough time to heal before I started lifting things that were too heavy and walking around too much. He said to remain active by not as active as I have been and I will start to notice the pain going way. I am released to go back to all normal activities after 6 weeks!
Good news, I've lost 28 lbs and I have about 8 more to go until I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight. Then I want to lose another 80 lbs to at least be where I was before I got pregnant with Zachary 6 years ago. It was a comfortable weight and wasn't too small or too big. I think I was a very comfortable 10/12 in clothing then which is fine with me. I am going to really try hard this time around. The boys deserve to have a mommy that is able to get on the floor to play with them and to run around with them with out getting winded.
Can you belive in 5 days Ben will be ONE MONTH OLD! Where has all of the time gone? I return to work in 3 weeks! Not fair! At this point after Zachary was born I was ready to return to work, now since I've been home with both of the boys I don't want to go back to work. I've really enjoyed being home with them. But unfortunately we can not afford for me not to return to work. It's been hard enough living off of only 1/2 of my paycheck this summer.
Ben is staying awake more during the day and is starting to notice more things around him. I bought him a few toys yesterday to keep him enteratined and awake. I gave away all of my baby toys, oops! A lot of them are at Mike's mom's house she said we could go through them and bring back what we need to the house. There was one toy that I remember having with Zachary it was for belly time that he loved, I can't remember if we gave it to Mike's mom or to Mike's sister.
Last night Ben went to bed at 11pm and he didn't wake up until 4 am this morning! I fell asleep when I put him down so I got 5 hours of sleep! He then went back to bed around 5 and was up again at 6:30 and then up again at 8:30. I made sure to give him a big hug and kiss from mommy thanking him for sleeping through the night.
Zachary and Mike and going to the demo derby tonight and Ben and I are going to hang out at the house. We might go visit my Grandma Milligan for a little bit, I'm not sure. I tried to get Zachary ready earlier to take a walk to the library up the street from us but he didn't want to go, so we'll do that tomorrow.
13 years ago



1 comment:
I am just so proud of you! I had this terrible fear of taking Rylan ANYwhere by myself and look at you go! :-) Of course mine HATED his carseat and let us know it every second, but still- I'm happy for you! It's really important that you slow down for the next couple of weeks, and let your body heal. HUGS!
Post a Comment