I can't believe Ben is 4 weeks old already! I haven't taken a picture of him yet today to post. I plan on taking a picture of him and updating the post with it later. I also am going to get his weight and height so I can post it with the picture.
Ben went on his first walk on Sunday night. We walked for over an hour all over our town. He stayed awake for most of it. I got a few pictures of him relaxing in his stroller while we were walking. Dumm-Dumm me wore flip flops instead of tennis shoes so my feet were sore by the time time we got home.
Yesterday I ended up calling Ben's doctor to talk to her about his tummy issues. She decided that I need to hold off on BF'ing for three days and start him on Isomil formula for 3 days. After 3 days I can re-introduce BF'ing every two feedings. So, we headed to Wally World (Wal-Mart) to purchase Isomil and some bottles. His first formula feeding was before bed he slept for 3 hours and then woke up and ate another 4 oz and then slept for another 3 hours and ate 4oz and is now trying to doze off a bit. I am surprised he is taking 4 oz bottles! After each bottle feeding I am pumping to keep my milk supply going since I really want to be able to at least supplement with my breast milk.
When we were at the store last night I forgot to purchase milk storage bags so I can freeze the milk I am pumping. All the storage bags and containers I had are already full and in the freezer. I counted and I have at least 12 - 3 oz bottles in the freezer. I am going to get the boys ready in a little bit and head back into town so I can get more bags. While I 'm there I am going to check with the photo studio at Wal-Mart and see if they have slots available for tomorrow or Thursday to get Ben's month picture taken. I also want to get one with both of the boys.
As for being the mommy of two - it's slowly getting better. Being the mommy of one was so much easier I was able to find me time when I allowed myself to. With two, when I'm not doing something for one I'm doing it for the other. I wasn't able to get my shower until almost 1 am this morning! It's because I was doing things for everyone else. Mike still hands Ben to me when he's crying instead of bonding with him and figuring out how he can calm him. His automatic response is "he wants his mommy, he's used to you." He's used to me because Daddy is never home and when he is he is usually with Zachary or doing other things. Don't get me wrong, Mike loves and adores Ben it's just harder for him to bond with Ben. He's gone from the house so much because he's working and then he's coaching soccer. Some days he leaves at 5:30 a.m. and doesn't get home until 8:00 p.m. When he gets home Zachary wants all of his attention.
I have been trying to come up with ways to get my hair done so when I do return to work in a few weeks it will be an easy get up and go. So I think I am getting a perm. I am going to get it cut (not short) and get a perm. With a perm I can wash it, and go. I won't need to make sure I dry it because by the time I get to work it will be mostly dry anyway.
Going back to work is going to be difficult. So much going on that I can't write about now but by the end of the week I'll be able to make mention of it. I'm very nervous about this week!
Zachary starts kindergarten in a few weeks. This Saturday my step mom Bev is taking Zachary, my nephew Bryce, my sister Stephanie and me school shopping for the boys. Bev knows that since we are on a limited income and Stephanie is a single mom we both need a little bit of help with school shopping so she decided we should make a trip away from town out of it. I still don't know if we'll be taking Ben or not. Mike has a soccer scrimmage and we don't think we have anyone to watch Ben so he is most likely going to be traveling with us. I still need to get Zachary an appointment to get his hair cut and purchase his school supplies then he's ready to go!
I feel like I'm just rambling to make this post longer so I'll going to end here. I promise to get a picture of Ben to post for his 1 month b-day. I am also going to get a picture of both boys together and post it monthly with Ben's posts so I can see how they are both growing up!
13 years ago



2 comments:
Hey Misti! Angie has mentioned you a few times. I don't mind at all if you read my blog. It looks like I might learn something by reading yours ;-) Congrats on the new baby! He is very cute!
I have some storage bags, that I'm not going to use and thought I'd send them your way. I also have some breast pads. I hope the tummy issues get resolved soon!
Post a Comment