Monday, August 4, 2008

Ben's Doctor's appointment

We had a follow up doctors appointment for Ben this morning to check to see if his heart murmur was gone or not. Good news, it is gone! In other news, we have been having a lot of problems with him being very gassy and having at least 12 or more poopy diapers per day. The past few days his stool has turned into pure liquid and he's getting a pretty bad diaper rash. His pediatrician said that he is allergic or having a reaction to foods I'm eating. I have already cut out almost everything from my diet, what more can I do? I am to stop eating lettuce and all other green veggies for a few days and then wait a few more days to see if that helps him, then I have to cut out WHEAT! That is going to be so hard. No bread, pasta, cereal, bagels, croutons, cookies - nothing! She told me to start eating Probiotic Yogurt to help with his digestive system. I'm not a huge fan of yogurt but I bought some and alrealdy had one cup today. If he doesn't get better in the next week and a half then I have to bring him back to her office and we will discuss him being forumla fed. I told her I'd like to continue pumping while we are forumla feeding because if we can I'd like to be able to supliment with forumla. (That is if we get his gassy tummy issues solved first.) She also checked his tongue and said that we'd continue to keep an eye on it because he is tongue-tied, it's just not very severe and she doesn't want to have to snip it if she doesn't have to.

In good news he is up 1 lb 3 oz since his last appointment. He weighed 8 lbs 15 oz this morning, he weighed 7 lbs 12 oz 2 weeks ago. We scheduled his 2 month check up for Sept 15.

After we left we went to drop off the new insurance paperwork to get Ben added to our policy and then paid our car insurance. Before we headed home we went to the grocery store to pick me up some food I can eat, bananas, frozen boneless grilled chicken breasts, potatoes, sliced turkey, sliced ham and yogurt.

Mike and Zachary are going to the fair tonight, Ben and I are staying home. There is no way at his age I would take him to the fair grounds. So we will stay home and hopefully catch a few winks while the older boys are gone!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I remember having to watch what I ate very closely. Rylan was extremely gassy, so I cut out hot dogs, pizza, garlic, chocolate, etc. But, after the first 2 months or so, I started trying them again slowly and he seemed to be fine with it. It sounds like you have to cut out way more than I was told. We saw a difference in him immediately. I hope you are able to keep BFing.

Enjoy your just you and Ben time! :-)

MBKimmy said...

wow I guess i was luckly with Tatum no matter what I ate she was fine and the girl eats everything now ... maybe it is the lettuce and greens ... I have heard of some people having gassy babies from it?!
Good luck I hope you figure it out quickly - at least he is gaining weight, that is still good!