Until now I haven't allowed any belly shots because I started this pregnancy over weight and because I was still in denial about actually being pregnant.
Things are going well. We are starting to get our house ready and after much discussion last night we changed our remodeling plans to make it more affordable and less stressful. It will work for now and then next year we can do a more extensive remodeling project. We realized we need to get so many things for this little guy plus save some $$$ for when I'm off work that it would be easier to make a few smaller changes rather than a complete over haul. No matter what we do I am still going to hate our small, small, small house!
I go back to the doctor next Thursday, I'll be 23 1/2 weeks then. I can't believe how fast time is flying by this time. I am maintaining a good weight gain, 6 lbs so far (phew!!!) and starting waddle instead of walk. I've started getting shortness of breath very easily. My secret craving is a fresh fruit strawberry slushie from Sonic. YUMMY! I've also been craving Chinese foods but am scared to eat it because of the MSG and it's not supposed to be good for pregnancy. I don't want to do anything that could cause complications.
I got my Easter shopping finished early this year and I didn't go over board like I usually do. The only candy I bought was 1 chocolate bunny and a little package of nerds (because they are my favorite!). Mike was very impressed, usually he's rolling his eyes at my over spending. He requested this Sunday off from work so he could be home with us on Easer morning. He usually works every Sunday morning :( I'm glad he'll be home. I'm going to get up early hide eggs in the house (depending on the weather outside) and start making a big breakfast for my boys. Once breakfast is almost done I'll wake the boys up so we can eat and do our hunt. After breakfast we are going to visit with Mike's parents and then make a quick stop to my grandparents. At 2:00 we have a mid day lunch with my Mom's side of the family at my grandma's house and then at 4:00 we have dinner at my dad's house. Before dinner we will have a HUGE egg hunt. Holidays always wear me out (preggo or not) because of all of the family running we have to do. I shouldn't complain, we are blessed to have family to spend time with.
Happy Easter!
I go back to the doctor next Thursday, I'll be 23 1/2 weeks then. I can't believe how fast time is flying by this time. I am maintaining a good weight gain, 6 lbs so far (phew!!!) and starting waddle instead of walk. I've started getting shortness of breath very easily. My secret craving is a fresh fruit strawberry slushie from Sonic. YUMMY! I've also been craving Chinese foods but am scared to eat it because of the MSG and it's not supposed to be good for pregnancy. I don't want to do anything that could cause complications.
I got my Easter shopping finished early this year and I didn't go over board like I usually do. The only candy I bought was 1 chocolate bunny and a little package of nerds (because they are my favorite!). Mike was very impressed, usually he's rolling his eyes at my over spending. He requested this Sunday off from work so he could be home with us on Easer morning. He usually works every Sunday morning :( I'm glad he'll be home. I'm going to get up early hide eggs in the house (depending on the weather outside) and start making a big breakfast for my boys. Once breakfast is almost done I'll wake the boys up so we can eat and do our hunt. After breakfast we are going to visit with Mike's parents and then make a quick stop to my grandparents. At 2:00 we have a mid day lunch with my Mom's side of the family at my grandma's house and then at 4:00 we have dinner at my dad's house. Before dinner we will have a HUGE egg hunt. Holidays always wear me out (preggo or not) because of all of the family running we have to do. I shouldn't complain, we are blessed to have family to spend time with.
Happy Easter!



2 comments:
I have to say that after reading your post, I'm all giddy inside! :-) Enjoy your pregnancy, and have a great Easter!
Hey-
I'm with you on the belly shots. I actually had Mike take one or two of me this weekend. We have so much in common...I'm hating my small house too! We've not started anything yet towards turning our guest room into Lindsay's room and I am dreading it now! I ordered her bedding and it should be here this week so that ought to motivate me. I'm taking a sham to pick paint colors and hopefully then I'll be off and running! We had a GREAT Easter weekend but I'm pooped today. I love your belly shot and the photographer did a great job! Tee,hee! I keep thinking I'm HUGE already but we're about the same. I guess I just don't remember being this big this soon last time. I'm only four pounds heavier than I was with Lindsay at this point. (I'm good with that) :)
Oh, and I noticed last night that my ankle bone is gone now. So it's bye, bye ankles hello puff for the rest of the ride. LOL!
Good luck at your doc appt.
Post a Comment