Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter and more pictures

Zachary (and Mike) slept in until 8:30 Easter morning. I was happy because I was able to get up and get some breakfast started before he woke up. When he woke up he found his basket and started opening candy. I allowed him to eat 1 piece before breakfast, it was Easter! The boys set the table while I finished breakfast (eggs, sausage and pancakes) and we all sat at the table for a nice family breakfast. We don't get them often because of Mike's work schedule. After breakfast we were not in a rush to get anywhere so I read a book and Zachary and Mike played with his Easter gifts. The Easter bunny also left a little gift for the new baby (outfit, infant pacifiers and a baby bunny).

We went to my grandma's around 2 and spent time with my Mom's family and then to my dad and step mom's at 4:00 to do a large Easter Egg hunt with my nephew and my cousins two little boys. I think they had 200 plastic filled eggs for all of the boys. The Easter bunny left Zachary and the new little guy a basket at my parents house also. We visited with Mikes parents after we left my parents house and then got home around 8:30. It is Spring Break week for Zachary's preschool so I didn't have to worry about sticking to his bedtime schedule.

As far as pregnancy / baby updates. I've been feeling the little man move around a lot more the past few weeks. Some days he's very active while others I get a little nervous when I don't feel him as much. I have also been experiencing tightness in my stomach and back pains more frequent. I am a little worried just because I went into pre-term labor with Zachary at 32 weeks and that's not really that far away from now. I go to the doctor on Thursday, I am going to discuss it with him. I sleep on my left side at night, I only drink water or a glass of OJ in the mornings (I don't drink milk). I have been very good about watching what I eat and also watching my weight. Today I've been having really bad back pains, my co-worker told me they could be gas related (sorry for TMI). I have some tums I've taken to see if they help or not. I also have severe heart burn and acid reflux daily. The reflux started last week and sometimes it makes me throw up (again TMI). Other than what I've complained about above this pregnancy is going great. I keep trying to remember if I felt this way when I was pregnant with Zachary but that was about 6 years ago and I honestly forget much of what I experienced.

I'll leave with the pictures I promised:

Zachary and I coloring eggs at my parents house.














Zachary with his basket.














Me, Zachary and Mike at my grandma's on Easter.














Me, Mom, my brother and Zachary at grandma's on Easter.














Zachary posing with his "Thumbs Up".














Another belly picture of me at 23 weeks.














Zachary coloring Easter Eggs














One of his many funny faces!














Easter Basket and goodies.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I've been having more low back pain at the end of the day and heartburn too. The heartburn seems to only be with certain foods though. I hope you do not go into preterm labor again. Good for you for being so on top of everything.

Angie said...

Oh my goodness, you look so good!!! And Zachary is just too cute! I hope that you do not have to worry about preterm labor this time. Hugs!