Thursday, March 27, 2008

Drs Appointment Update

So, I am officially on a low sodium diet :( The past few days my ankles and fingers have been swelling so I've been taking it easy, drinking water, laying on my left side, propping my feet up, etc. I talked to my doctor and he told me to start now before it gets out of hand in another month or so. I have done some research and will start today with my lunch at Subway - salad, no dressing only vinegar and oil I assume.

My back is out of place and my doctor worked on it a little bit to help make it more comfortable. I am going to the prenatal chiropractor in their office on Tuesday so she can check it out and work with me. She is in the office once a month so I will most likely see her through the rest of the pregnancy.

I've gained 10 lbs so far and everything looks great. I go for my glucose testing in 2 week to check for gestational diabetes. When my doctor was measuring my belly the baby started kicking him. He told me he seemed to be feisty - great! He was also being a little booger when the nurse tried to listen to his heart beat with the doppler. He kept moving around then I'd hear a thud, he kicked at the doppler and then he'd move. It took about 5 minutes of hide and seek before she was finally able to get him to relax enough to listen to his heart.

My next appointment is at 28 weeks and I get to have another ultrasound before my appointment. Because I'm considered semi-high risk I get to have ultrasounds at 28, 32, 36 and one final one before my c-section to check my cervix. So I guess I'll be seeing our little man quite a bit over the next few months.

We have anywhere from 14-15 weeks left before we are able to welcome him to our home. :-D

2 comments:

Angie said...

I'm sorry that you have to worry about this stuff, but I am so glad that they are doing everything early on a precautionary measure. The little brother sounds like he is doing very well!

Chris said...

Hang in there. It stinks to have to start focusing on that low sodium stuff this soon. My swelling didn't get really bad til the last few days last time. I seem to be up and down now depending on the weather/day.
Glad to hear little boy is fiesty and doing well in there. I can't believe how fast things are starting to go/grow...LOL! I hope you get some relief with your back too. I go back to the perinatal doc on Tues next week so hopefully we'll have some good u/s pics to post. Have a great weekend!